Naturally Fresh FAQs
Fresh Answers for Your Natural Questions
Where can I purchase Naturally Fresh Cat Litter?
Our products can be found at pet stores, such as Petco and PetSmart, as well as local independent pet stores. By using our Where to Buy page, simply enter your zip code to find the stores nearest you with our products on-shelf. If you prefer to shop online, Naturally Fresh is also available on Chewy.com.
How well does Naturally Fresh eliminate odors?
An exclusive cat litter formula made from the fibrous material of the walnut shell, Naturally Fresh neutralizes odors better than clay, pine, corn, and wheat – it does so naturally rather than adding harsh perfumes or fragrances. Plus, our litter absorbs 3x better than the leading clay litter, so one bag of Naturally Fresh is equal to three bags of the leading clay litter.
Is Naturally Fresh low on dust?
Unlike clay litters, Naturally Fresh is free of silica dust so you and your cat kids can breathe easy. Our litter is made from all-natural plant-based ingredients, so fine particles are naturally occurring. These fine particles are needed for the high-performance clump that consumers are looking for in a cat litter and, unlike clay silica dust, is not harmful to the health of pet parents or cat kids.
How about tracking?
Naturally Fresh doesn’t stick to paws, so litter won’t be tracked through your home.
Do you have samples or coupons to try out Naturally Fresh?
Due to high shipping costs, we do not currently have samples. However, if you’d like to send your mailing address to email@example.com and request a coupon, we’ll send one to you to make your first purchase a bit easier. Once you receive your coupon, we have a Where to Buy page where you can see locations near you that sell Naturally Fresh.
Which Naturally Fresh product is best for me?
- Naturally Fresh QUICK-CLUMPING litter is a super-absorbent formula that works best for pet parents of one or two cats – it zaps ammonia odors on the spot and produces harder clumps for quicker, easier cleanup.
- For families managing litter boxes used by two or more cats, Naturally Fresh MULTI-CAT litter has a malodor counteractant that tackles both urine and fecal smells, an ideal feature for households with multiple cat kids.
- For pet parents who need ULTRA ODOR CONTROL, we took our naturally powerful odor-controlling litter and enhanced it with triple-action odor defense enzymes to stamp out fecal, urine, and ammonia odors on contact.
- Created for those who prefer a litter with a fresh scent, our ALPINE MEADOW® formula includes a blend of botanicals and herbs that provides a natural, clean scent without relying on harsh perfumes or chemicals.
- For pet parents who may have a new kitten, fussy cat, or senior who struggles with consistently using the litter box, we have HERBAL ATTRACTION® - a formula that is one simple solution for cats of all life stages with litter box acceptance issues.
- Ideal for cats as well as all small animals, our non-clumping PELLET FORMULA controls up to 7x more odor than other leading non-clumping litters, is low tracking, and is virtually-dust free.
Is your litter flushable?
While Naturally Fresh litter is flushable, there are many regulations against flushing litter. We advise that you check with local and state regulations before flushing in a public or septic system.
Is Naturally Fresh in pellets or crushed?
Both! We have a non-clumping pellet product, which controls up to 7x more odor than other leading non-clumping litters (and is great for all small animals!). We also have multiple quick-clumping formulas that are made of fine granules from the fibrous material of the walnut shell, which feels like dirt on cat kids’ paws.
How can I transition my cat kid to Naturally Fresh?
Start by placing one to two inches of Naturally Fresh Litter in a clean litter box. Then, top dress with enough of your current cat litter to cover Naturally Fresh Litter. Each time you change the litter, reduce the amount of your current litter. It typically takes one or two changes for most cats to be comfortable with a new litter.
My cat/dog keeps trying to eat your litter. Will this make him sick?
Naturally Fresh products are non-toxic and made without any harmful ingredients, so it shouldn’t have a negative effect on him. Eating too much litter is similar to having too much fiber consumed in a diet – a loose stool would be the indicator that the cat is eating too much litter. However, ingesting urine or fecal matter may be detrimental to his health, so we wouldn’t want this to become a habit.
Can pet parents with nut allergies use Naturally Fresh?
The most common nut allergies are caused by ingesting the proteins of the nuts, so we would not be concerned if this is the type of nut allergy you have as Naturally Fresh litter is not for human consumption. However, the more uncommon allergy is Anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis is a serious, life-threatening allergic reaction typically to airborne particulate. Therefore, we would not recommend the use of our cat litter if there is a potential for an anaphylactic reaction.
How can I recycle the packaging?
Naturally Fresh bags are a #7 plastic, which is typically accepted by curbside recycling programs. However, recently we learned that processing #7 is limited in certain areas, and therefore, we are currently in the process of redesigning our bag so that it is much easier to recycle. It’s important to us to have an all-natural, biodegradable, and annually renewable product in a bag that can be easily recycled – we are moving to this soon.
Is Naturally Fresh litter compostable?
Naturally Fresh Cat Litter is both biodegradable and compostable. The amount of time that it takes to decompose will vary depending on the situation. That being said, we do not recommend that you use it in a vegetable garden compost pile, as it is more suited for an ornamental garden compost pile. This is because cat feces may contain a parasite called Toxoplasma-gondii that causes a disease known as toxoplasmosis, which can cause serious illness in those who are pregnant or have suppressed immune systems.